- Client Satisfaction – American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys (2019)
- Client’s Choice Award – Avvo (2018)
- The Komo Politicast (2018)
- Should I Talk to the Cops? (2019)
- Mental Health Court Procedures, CLE – Associated Counsel for the Accused (2003)
- Schizophrenia and Mental Health Issues, CLE – Associated Counsel for the Accused (2003)
- What is Mental Health Court and How Does it Work?, CLE – King County Bar Association (2003)
- Ethical Considerations in Mental Health Cases, CLE – Associated Counsel for the Accused (2003)
“If we could give him 10 stars we would.”
– Teresa, 05/06/2019
After more than 31 years of fine-tuning his craft, Mr. Lewis and his clients have and continue to achieve extraordinary success in thousands of cases. These cases range from misdemeanors to death penalty mitigation.
Based on motion practice and intensive investigations alone, Mr. Lewis has successfully won the pretrial dismissal of dozens of criminal cases. He works relentlessly to obtain the best result possible for his clients.
Mr. Lewis graduated from Willamette University School of Law in 1987. Prior to his graduation, Mr. Lewis was engraining himself in criminal defense practices and quickly discovered his natural aptitude.
Mr. Lewis has particular expertise in how mental health intersects with the law. His collaborative work with other attorneys in this field has been favorably reviewed by the University of Washington and the Journal of Law and Psychiatry.
Mr. Lewis was a guest lecturer at Seattle University School of Law and previously lectured nationally and internationally to other attorneys in the area of criminal defense and how it intersects with mental health at Continuing Legal Education seminars.
Mr. Lewis knows that good people are accused of and criminally charged with terrible sounding crimes. The second you meet Mr. Lewis, his intellect and non-judgmental compassion will immediately put you at ease. You will also see firsthand how Mr. Lewis has an intensely effective and persuasive presence when presenting cases before a jury.
Mr. Lewis and his team will lead you to getting your life back and out of the prosecutors’ hands.
Outside of the law, Mr. Lewis’ passions are playing classical piano, classical guitar and jazz trombone.